Here are some curricular integration ideas shared throughout the experience:
- Create your own LIT TRIP for students to help them empathize with characters' situations and settings in a story.
- Have students create 3D models in Google Sketch Up and submit them to the Google Earth 3D building layer.
- Use Google Sketch Up to help students identify and create 3D shapes.
- Use the ruler tool (part of labs) in Google Maps to have students answer real life questions about distances and trigonometry measurements.
- Use the layers in Google Earth to share historical maps, real time earthquake data, tsunami visualizations and MORE.
The number one idea that I took away from the weekend was: MAPS TELL A STORY. If we are using maps to tell stories in our classroom, then it will be a richer learning environment for our students. Capture the story of maps and capture the magic.